So Winter made a second appearance (with a vengeance) in Ireland on the first day of Spring. So typically Irish.
We are completely snowed in and the country is in shutdown! So what to do when you have a “snow day” BAKE of course, and this Cappuccino Coffee Loaf is the perfect bake for a snow day. As well as being super delicious it is SO easy to put together.
If you love a cappuccino is much as me then you are in for a treat. This has all those delicious coffee flavours in a cake and the cappuccino cream topping is amazing. You will have a very hard time not reaching for a second slice.
I used some very yummy coffee liqueur that I picked up on holidays to “spike” the cake with an extra coffee hit. Now you don’t have to do this, you could use coffee extract if you have it or just leave it out.
This moist coffee loaf cake is just perfect with your morning or afternoon coffee!
Don’t worry if you want to leave off the amazing coffee cream frosting it will be just as scrumptious. This cakes freezes great so I always make two and shove one in the freezer. Let it defrost at room temp and frost it then!
CAPPUCCINO COFFEE LOAF
I love any kind of coffee but Cappuccino is my favorite coffee drink and this very easy RECIPE for a
CAPPUCCINO LOAF WITH WHIPPED COFFEE CREAM has all the delicious flavors of a cappuccino
P.S. the coffee cream is SO delicious!!!!!!!!!
- 175 g soft butter
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 6 tbsp. cream (single or double – what ever you have in your fridge)
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee
- 1 tsp coffee extract/liqueur
- 100 g caster sugar
- 75 g light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
COFFEE CREAM FROSTING
- 250 ML double cream
- 2 heaped tbsp. of brown sugar
- ½ to 1 tsp coffee extract
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/375f and line a (2lb) loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- Heat the cream and coffee & coffee extract in a small pot over a low heat until warm and everything has mixed together. Leave to one side to cool
- In a large bowl, using electric mixer, cream the butter with the two sugars together for 2 minutes, until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and then add your cooled coffee cream
- Fold in the flour and mix gently till you have a nice smooth batter & pour batter into prepared tin
- Bake for 50 -60minutes, until a skewer or a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Whilst cake is cooling make the yummy frosting
- Whip all the frosting ingredients together until fluffy, thick & creamy. ( try to resist licking the beaters or you won’t stop lol)
- Spread on the cooled loaf and dust with cocoa powder
- Keep any remainders in the fridge (because your using fresh cream)
Make sure you check out my FACEBOOK BAKING PAGE for more easy baking treats.