Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and if you are looking to treat that special someone or even your self to a special treat you will not go wrong with this SCRUMPTIOUS NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE TART!
Best of all it only has 4 ingredients – YES you are reading this right. All you need is biscuits, butter, cream and chocolate.
Put these together and you have the most amazing delicious chocolate dessert.
This very easy chocolate tart is a joy to make. It’s a no-bake recipe so forget about turning on the oven! It just needs to chill in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight if you have the time.
I used bourbon biscuits for the base, but you could use any chocolate biscuit. Oreos would work really well too. The chocolate tart filling is so simple only 2 ingredients, cream and chocolate.
The cream is gently warmed to near boiling and poured over chocolate pieces. Add this filling to a crumbled biscuit/butter base and VOILA you have the most delicious No-Bake Chocolate Tart.
Serve simple as is with a dusting of cocoa powder and a dollop of cream OR decorate with some fresh berries and grated chocolate.
SO MANY VARIATIONS
Add some coffee liqueur to the chocolate ganache – the flavoured ones are amazing . I have tried this with a Baileys Mint Irish Cream
As I mentioned above you can change the biscuits you use for the base.
Instead of a plain chocolate use a flavored one like orange – orange would be amazing I think
Scrumptious No-Bake Chocolate Tart
This No-Bake Chocolate Tart is absolutely scrumptious. It has an amazing silky ganache filling that melts in the mouth and best of all it only uses 4 ingredients. This would make the perfect dessert for any special occasion
- 350 g bourbon biscuits (3 ½ cups (US))
- 130 g butter melted (1 stick (US))
- 250 ml double cream (1 Cup (US))
- 350 g dark chocolate/milk choc or a mix of both (12oz (US))
- Mixed berries of choice
- Grease a 9” tart pan with a loose bottom
- Put the bourbon biscuits into a food processor and blend until mixture looks like bread crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a microwave and pour over the crushed biscuits.. Mix until it looks like damp sand!
- Press the butter/biscuit mix mixture into the pan using your fingers.
- Leave in the fridge while you prepare the delicious chocolate filling.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces.
- In a medium pot, heat the cream until just near boiling point . DO NOT BOIL – this is very important
- Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate. Let it melt for at least 3 minutes and then gently stir until it’s nice and silky
Pour the chocolate filling over the biscuit base and return the fridge. Leave to chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve – remove from the pan and bring to room temp serve as is with a dollop of cream or decorate with berries or even grated chocolate
Don’t boil the cream! . You just need it warm enough to melt the chocolate. Stir gently to get a silky finish
To keep up with all our Baking Adventures and Recipes!
– make sure to follow us on our social media,
so you never miss a post
I also created a brilliant new FACEBOOK GROUP CALLED EVERY DAY BAKING & it’s all about baking, if you want to join your more than welcome.
It’s a group where you can share your favorite baking recipes, ask questions, share photos. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.