So today we are talking Cheesecake !
Let’s be honest here, who can say no to a slice of delicious chocolate cheesecake if it’s place on front of you. Not me, I had to stop myself eating the stuff from the bowl as I was mixing it.
Hands in the air I have no willpower when it comes to cheesecakes or chocolate. They are one of my favourite thing s to bake. So, because I LOVE any kind of cheesecake and my kids adore rocky road , it was inevitable that I was going to combine these two at some stage. No joke this scrumptious No Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake is a match made in Heaven!
I promise you are going to LOVE this No Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake. It has an amazing creamy chocolate topping with HIDDEN mini marshmallows & smarties
Instead of the normal digestive base, I decided to use chocolate chip cookies.
My kids are not nut lovers, so I replaced these with smarties which I used inside the filling too!
When it comes to the topping, anything goes, just like my rocky road.
I drizzled some melted chocolate on the top then scattered more marshmallows, smarties, cherries, crumbled mini cookies bites which I got in Tesco for a bit of crunch and last but not least some chocolate FLAKE.
This cheesecake is SO easy to bake or not bake – you can put it together in less than 20 mins it just needs time to set in the fridge up to 6 hours or ideally overnight.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE.
Make sure you crumble the biscuits for the base evenly – NO LUMPY BITS and chill the base for at least 20mins in the fridge before you pour the filling on
Bring your cream cheese to room temperature before making a cheesecake this is most important if you want a smooth, lump-free cheesecake.
Non-bake cheese cakes take time to set usually over night is best so make sure you give yourself ample time
Always use a spring-form baking pan- this has a spring to hold the sides of the pan in place and make it much easier to remove the cheesecake from the baking pan. Be sure to grease the bottom and sides of your spring-form pan for easy removal.
A scrumptious No Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake – This chocolate cheesecake has a delicious creamy filling with hidden marshmallows and smarties . A drizzle of melted chocolate and a topping of “Rocky Road is its crowning glory. This is a great dessert of for any occasion be it just a normal Sunday treat or a special birthday.
NO BAKE ROCKY ROAD CHEESECAKE
A scrumptious No Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake – This chocolate cheesecake has a delicious creamy filling with hidden marshmallows and smarties . A drizzle of melted chocolate and a topping of “Rocky Road is its crowning glory. This is a great dessert for any occasion be it just a normal Sunday treat or a special birthday.
- 320 g chocolate chip cookies (US 1 &1/2CUPS)
- 110 g Butter ( 1/2CUP)
- 270 g Milk Chocolate/Dark Chocolate or just use milk if you prefer (1 &1/4 CUPS)
- 530 g Cream Cheese – use a good one (2 &1/2 CUPS)
- 350 ml Double cream (1 & 1/4 CUPS)
- 80 g Icing Sugar (3/4 CUP)
- 75 g mini marshmallows
- 2 small tubes of smarties
- 100 g milk chocolate melted for drizzling (3/4 CUP)
- 1 small tube Smarties
- A few glace Cherries
- 25 g mini marshmallows
- Crumbled mini chocolate chip cookies (optional)
- Lightly grease a 9-inch (23 cm) spring-form baking tin with a little butter and line with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a microwave and set aside for a few moments
- Crush the chocolate chip cookies in a food processor , add the melted butter to the cookies , and mix for a few mins
- Press into the bottom of the Spring form Tin and chill in the fridge for 15 mins
- Melt the chocolate until nice and smooth with no lumps.. I do this in a microwave, but you can do it over a pot hot water on the cooker. Leave to the side to cool
- Using an electric hand mix, whisk the Cream Cheese and Icing Sugar together.
- Add in the Melted Chocolate to the cream cheese and mix until nice and smooth
- Pour in the Double Cream, and whisk till thick, I usually do this for about 3 mins. You want it to be really thick so it will set
- Stir in the mini marshmallow and smarties
- Spread the filling on top of the cookie base base and leave to set in the fridge for up to 6 hours or preferably overnight just to make sure it is set!
- Melt the milk chocolate and drizzle over the set cheesecake. Top with smarties, marsh mallows, cherries, cookies and flakes
- Or use whatever you love in your Rocky Road.
This cheesecake will set in fridge in approx 6 hours but preferably leave overnight.
Keep any remainders in the fridge
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL US CUP MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROX
PIN FOR LATER
To keep up with all our Baking Adventures and Recipes!
– make sure to follow us on our social media,
so you never miss a post
I also created a brilliant new FACEBOOK GROUP CALLED EVERY DAY BAKING & it’s all about baking, if you want to join your more than welcome.
It’s a group where you can share your favorite baking recipes, ask questions, share photos. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.