Hello SEPTEMBER!!! Who can believe it, it seems only a few months ago I was taking down my Christmas Decorations now I’m ALREADY thinking about this year’s Halloween & Christmas Baking!!!
Speaking of baking wait till you meet my new Brownie Friends. DO you LOVE Chocolate Brownies & Gingerbread? Well get your Aprons on and the oven ready because you won’t be able to resist these Gingerbread Chocolate Brownies.
These are rich, fudgy brownies (the way a brownie should be), wonderfully chocolicious but with the addition of those lovely gingerbread spices, you really get the taste of Christmas.
These indulgent Gingerbread Chocolate Brownies make the perfect festive gift. I firmly believe edible presents (especially chocolate ones) make the best Christmas presents.
Maybe Santa would like a Gingerbread Chocolate Brownie with his glass of Milk (Sherry lol) instead of a cookie this year?
I’m going to keep this post short and sweet and let the pictures do the talking. If only there was such a thing as “Wonka Vision” like in the Christmas Willy Wonka Film – you could just put your hand in the computer screen and take the brownie.
If only ha ha. BUT have no fear. I promise you hand this is a fool-proof simple recipe and you will have a batch of scrumptious brownies sitting on your counter in less than 35 mins.
GINGERBREAD CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
Rich & Fudgy ,with a hint of Christmas spices, these indulgent gingerbread chocolate brownies make the perfect Christmas edible gift.
- 200 g plain flour
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 300 g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 4 eggs
- 330 g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup 35g cocoa, sifted
- Icing sugar (to dust)
- Mini gingerbread men decorations (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C./350f.
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake pan.
- Melt butter and the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Keep stirring until smooth. And free from lumps. Set to one side to cool.
- When the chocolate has cooled, add eggs, one at a time,, beating well after each addition until combined. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder and spices, fold in the cocoa powder .
- Stir gently then spread the brownie batter into the pan and bake for 25 minutes or until just set.
- DON’T OVER BAKE OR THEY WILL LOSE THEIR DELICIOUS FUDEGYNESS.
- Cool in the pan, then turn out and cut into squares and dust with some icing sugar.
- Stick a mini Gingerbread Man into each Brownie (optional)
Make sure you check out my FACEBOOK BAKING PAGE for more easy baking treats.