Sometimes at the weekends I fancy something “not cereal” for breakfast.
Yes, a smoothie is nice and healthy , but on occasion something naughty but delicious is required AND it has to be easy to make .
These amazing scrumptious Berries & Cream Cheese Pastries fit all those requirements.
I have lost count of how many times I have made these over the Summer. They were a great hit with my family .
These little beauties are so adaptable with different berry fillings. I used a tin of Berry & Vanilla Pie fillings in this recipe. You could use fresh berries too
Best of all I can proudly say that this is an award-winning recipe, well it’s adapted from one anyway. When he was 10 years old my son Andrew won a national cooking competition with his “Andy’s Banana & Caramel Invention” . He had to make his delicious recipe in a cookery school where he won his category. We were so proud of him. His recipe was then featured on the cover of the cookery book from the competition. How cool was that!!!
These delicious Berries & cream Cheese Pastries are so easy to make. First of all, cut your pastry into rounds. ( I used a small Saucer) . Using a sharp knife score a circle around the inside of the pastry about 1 cm in. This stops the pastry from puffing up and also creates a border to keep all that delicious filling in.
Mix the cream cheese with lemon juice & vanilla, spoon this on the inner circle of the pasty and top with a good dollop of berry filling. To make them look extra special brush the rims with beaten egg and sprinkle with caster sugar
These delicious pastries took just 15-20 mins to bake.
A very scrumptious treat for any time of the day
BERRIES & CREAM CHEESE PASTRIES
6oz cream cheese ( use a good brand like Philadelphia)
2tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
1X 300g tin Berry Pie Filling ( or use fresh Berries)
- Preheat the oven to 200c or whatever it requires on the box for the pastry . Line a baking tray with baking paper
- With an electric mixer or if you’re feeling energetic – a wooden spoon , beat the cream cheese with the caster sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract until nice and creamy. Leave to one side
- Unroll the puff pastry and place on the baking tray. Use a small saucer to cut out 4 circles . With a sharp knife score a second circle about 2 cm from the edge. Don’t cut through the pastry. This stops the pastry from puffing up and creates a sort of “bowl” for your cream cheese and filling. Prick the bases with a fork.
- Dollop 1 – 2 Spoonful’s of the cream cheese mixture inside the border of each pastry then top the cream cheese with fruit..
- Brush the edges of the pastries with beaten egg and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake the pastries for 15 to 20 minutes or until they’re golden colour
- Remove the pastries from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
These work great with all kind of berries and fruit fillings. Let your imagination go, just like our Andy
To keep up with all our Baking Adventures and Recipes!
– make sure to follow us on our social media,
so you never miss a post
I also created a brilliant new FACEBOOK GROUP CALLED EVERY DAY BAKING & it’s all about baking, if you want to join your more than welcome.
It’s a group where you can share your favorite baking recipes, ask questions, share photos. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.